Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday Feb 25 2009


Today is another hot one but I can feel a cool breeze blowing in, so it should start cooling down soon. The only thing about Spring I like, is the flowers and trees that start to bloom. But Spring is depressing for me in a way because I know it's going to get really hot soon. The hot season for us starts around March.

The only thing I like about summer is the green grass, the beautiful flowers, longer daylight hours, and the chance to go swimming. But in the warmer weather we have rattle snakes that come out. The most poisonous snake around here in our county is the Mojave rattlesnake and it has two types of toxins. Since I have two dogs I worry more during the spring and summer.

I love Fall very much, I know that winter is just around the corner. And then there's Football, I look forward to the football season, even though I may not watch every second of a game, I still get excited about a week before the pre-season starts and I'm sad when it's over for the year.

In the summer, I'm not that active cause it's so hot and I can only take off so many clothes. In the winter you can put on as many warm clothes as you want. In the Fall I can watch the leaves change color, there is a crisp cool breeze, people seem to be in a better mood. I collect pine cones all the time, so in the Autumn I display them in my house. New flowers grow during the autumn months, and people start to display their pumpkins and other gourds. There are nice smells in nature and in family homes.


I also make pomanders out of oranges, apples and lemons. I just poke holes in them with a toothpick or a large needle, then I stuff whole cloves in the holes. Once the fruit is covered with cloves, I roll it in a mixtures of cinnamon, gr. clove, nutmeg, or pumpkin spice. I think if someone lives in a high humidity area, the orris root powder helps in the preservation. Once the orange or apple is covered in the spices I wrap them in a tissue (no lotion kind) and place them in a brown paper bag (top folded over) and then place them in a cabinet where it's dark for 2 or 3 weeks. I check it once in a while to make sure it has not molded or to see if it's hard enough. These pomanders get really hard when their done. I usually put them in a large bowl with my pine cones or I just put some in my draws, cabinets.

I can't say how much I love Autumn, I just go on and on about it. I think because I miss it so much right now. Maybe I should try to write some poetry about it.

I also love winter just as much, it's cold and I love to get cold, it makes me more active. Snow is so much fun and beautiful and watching snowflakes fall is a blast, however this year I didn't get to go see any snow. Winter seems so short.
Here I go again! Okay it seems to me that there are family get together's in the summer for pic-nics and bar-b-Q's and in the fall and winters months during the holidays. Sometimes family get together's are something to look forward to, even though there maybe some bickering, but life would be boring if there were no bickering once in a while.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I don't have much to say about myself. I Love Wolves! I love Autumn and Winter. I love the holidays, something for me to look forward to. Any excuse to decorate my home. I work a lot so I don't have a super exciting life to talk about. I was home schooled, traveled the US with my folks.